To register a .BANK domain, your organization must be eligible and the domain name(s) you select must correspond to your organization’s legal name or branding (e.g., trademark, trade name, service mark). The Policies linked below provide the complete eligibility requirements.
Organization (Registrant) Eligibility
To become a .BANK Registrant, your organization must be one of the following government regulated entities:
- Retail bank
- Savings association
- National bank
- Bank holding or parent companies
Other eligible organizations include:
- Service providers to retail banks, savings associations, or national banks (if approved by the fTLD Board)
- For example, SaaS or technology services providers to the above regulated entities
- Associations or groups of associations whose membership is primarily comprised of the above regulated entities
- Government regulators of retail banks, savings associations, national banks or organizations whose members are primarily comprised of such government regulators (if approved by the fTLD Board)
The .BANK Registrant Eligibility Policy and its Implementation Guideline is accessible here.
Domain Name Eligibility
Domain names must correspond to organization’s legal name or branding (e.g., trademark, trade name, service mark). A registered trademark is not required to register a domain name.
The Name Selection Policy and its Implementation Guidelines is accessible here.
Questions about eligibility should be sent to fTLD@fTLD.com.